Thursday, June 19, 2014

Many Will Give Up

This has been me for year's. I've allowed so much into my life that has taken me to the dark side of life.
God forgive me and those I've hurt.

I am slowly being drawn out. May this devotional by John Bevere find meaning, motivation, and hope to all.

God Bless.

“Many will give up and will betray and hate each other.”
Matthew 24:10 CEV

Jesus warned His disciples that many believers will give up on their faith. They will not stand the test of time or fight the good fight.

Making this statement must have broken Jesus’ heart. Many of those whose freedom He purchased by sacrificing His life will give up on Him.

Often, quitting is rooted in compromise, which is the opposite of relentlessness. Compromise comes when we succumb to the world’s system—its values and way of doing things. As believers we have to fight against the current and fully reject the world’s system. We do this by becoming fully submissive to God’s wisdom and commands. Make this decision: compromise is not an option. Determine that you will not quit. It may not always be easy, but it will be worth it!

 God will bless you, if you don’t give up when your faith is being tested. He will reward you with a glorious life, just as he rewards everyone who loves him. (James 1:12 CEV)

There is a great reward for those who stand with God, a reward given not only in the moment but also for all of eternity. The decision that you will not quit is not one you must uphold by your own strength. You have been given what it takes to finish well: the empowering grace of God, which cannot fail. So run confidently toward your prize. You are never alone in this pursuit; God remains with you always.

 …And not only that, but God himself is right alongside to keep you steady and on track until things are all wrapped up by Jesus. God, who got you started in this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of his Son and our Master Jesus. He will never give up on you. Never forget that. (1 Corinthians 1:9 The Message)

Our God is relentless in His faithfulness to us. He will never give up on us. So how could we give up on Him? He is willing to come alongside us and help us to finish strong. So stay with God, take heart, and never quit! If you struggle to remain relentless in your faith, pray:

Father, I want to be relentless. I don’t want to be someone who compromises. I reject the world’s system and fully surrender to Your Word and wisdom. By Your grace, I will not quit on You. Thank You for giving me the power to finish strong. I know that if You are with me, I can make it. Give me the endurance to remain steadfast always. In Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment