Monday, May 9, 2022

But Don't Begin Until You Count The Cost

Although this devotional emphasis is on women, I believe men can find encouragement as well.

May we always strive to keep discouragement at bay and our dreams alive while allowing God to speak to our hearts. 

God Bless.


“But don’t begin until you count the cost. For who would begin construction of a building without first calculating the cost to see if there is enough money to finish it?” Luke 14:28, NLT

My sister, you are full of dreams and desires. You want to go here, go there, do this and that. But have you counted the cost? And if you have, have you allowed the cost to discourage you from moving forward into it? If you’re going to do anything great for God, you must first sit down and determine what is required. Maybe you want to start a women’s ministry, open a coffee shop, take on a project at work, or travel thousands of miles for a missions opportunity. After you’ve determined that it is something God wants you to do, sit down and count the cost, and then trust God to provide.

Prayer: Father God, thank you for your wisdom and grace. Help me to learn how to count the cost. Help me not be discouraged by the cost, but trust you to provide all that I need. Lead me by your wisdom and show me how to possess what you’ve put in me to do. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

(Read Luke 14:27-29; Philippians 4:13)

-Author Unknown 

No comments:

Post a Comment