Saturday, October 4, 2014

A People of Character


A People of Character

“For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.” Romans 8:29 (NLT)

Our destiny is to look like Jesus on the inside and to behave like Jesus on the outside. Many of us are spiritual powerhouses, can pray the house down, sing the roof off, hang off the chandeliers when we praise the Lord, and can administrate duties with a spirit of excellence. We appear like strong mighty lions, but who are we inwardly?

Do we love just as loud? Forgive just as strong? Are we as obedient to God as our prayers are powerful?

These are things of the heart that matter most to God. The nuts and bolts of people of character is how to respond when it’s time to let go, how one behaves when one doesn’t get their way, how one acts when one gift and calling is ignored, and what one does when one's experiences failure.

Our deepest cry must be, “Lord, beautify and adorn me inwardly. Deck me out and make me to look like Your Son. Have Your way in me.” Let Him break off everything that doesn’t look like Him. The lying has to stop. The bad attitude, no more. The laziness and procrastination, no more. The unforgiveness and resentment, that’s not becoming of you. No more erotic romance novels and sexual perversion. The pride and arrogance, no ma’am.

The selfishness, not you woman of God. No more making a person your idol. Time to tell fear and timidity goodbye. You can be the the petson you know in your heart you were created to be. Let God break these things off so you can have His character. You are chosen and are predestined for a great work that will bring God great glory, but His work in you is where it all begins.

Prayer: Yes, Lord. Beautify and adorn me inwardly. Deck me out and make me to look like Your Son. Have Your way in me. Break me down and build me up into a woman of character. I know whatever You reveal to me that needs changing in my life, You will help change it. I am not alone on this journey. You are with me. Be glorified in me. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment