Friday, May 17, 2019

Wait Patiently For The Lord

Patience isn't one of my forte's so I welcome the words written below. They encourage me to keep going and it is my hope you will find the encouragement you need to keep fighting the good fight.
God Bless.
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him. It is rare that we "rely completely" or "wait patiently" for the Lord. For us as believers, remember that He reached down into the "mud and mire" (NIV) and brought us out. Jesus is the rock that gives us secure footing, and is the reason for our "new song" offered to God. Trust in the Lord. Put on display the story of how the Lord saved you for others to see. They could hear the truth because of your obedience to God!
Verse/Commentary courtesy of 'Verse-A-Day' android app. http://www.verse-a-day.com/Apps

No comments:

Post a Comment