Thursday, April 27, 2023

A Good Parent

Thought provoking little devotional. Stay encouraged.

God Bless.


A good parent celebrates every amount of progress their daughter makes. They take pictures of her first tooth, her first step, her first day at school, her first date, her first day of college. They are always celebrating her life and progress. God is no different. He is a good Father, and He is always celebrating you. He rejoices over you with gladness, He quiets you with His love, and rejoices over you with singing (see Zephaniah 3:17).

Think about that for a moment. Almighty God, the creator of heaven and earth, is telling the angels in heaven, “Look at My daughter! Have you noticed how much she has grown? Look at her moving forward despite everything she’s experienced. Look at her digging into My word to find out what I think about her. Look at My baby girl growing and learning how to trust Me.”

Pause for a moment and think about how far God has brought you. Think about how strong He has made you. See how your faith has grown in this year alone. You have come a long way, my sister, and if I could give you a fist bump, I would. You may not be where you want to be, but thank God you are not where you used to be. Praise God, you are not the woman you used to be.

Challenge: If God rejoices over you and celebrates you, what can you do right now to celebrate your progress?

Prayer: Father, I thank you for speaking to my heart. I receive your love. Thank you that I’m not the same person I used to be. Thank you for the progress you’re helping me to make each day. Help me learn how to celebrate and rejoice over my progress the way you rejoice over me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

-Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment