Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Act Of Kindness

Love this...

Be encouraged. 

God Bless. 


Today's Quotation:

The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention.

Kahlil Gibran


Today's Meditation:

I generally have the best of intentions for others in life, but sometimes fail to act upon them when the need arises. Sometimes I find myself missing opportunities to help others because my focus is elsewhere. Sometimes I find myself too occupied with other things to concern myself with others... even for a short while. Then there are those times when I am aware, but choose to pass the opportunity by. Kahlil is talking about these times.

How many times have I seen someone pulled over on the side of the road and I continued past because I felt I could not afford to spend the time offering assistance? Perhaps I do not possess the knowledge or ability to offer any help that would fix their problem, however, the simple act of me stopping and asking is something that does make a difference. It shows a level of caring, compassion, and concern in my fellow man that goes on to strengthen the beautiful bonds that we all share.

I may intend to help others; I may wish for goodness and happiness in their lives; I may even spend time reflecting about how I can be a better person. But it is through putting my kindness into action, even on the smallest of levels, that I serve to make a difference in the lives of others and lay bare my true potential.

Be aware of the needs of others. Chances are that there are people around you right now that are in need of your help and kindness. Perhaps a door needs opening; maybe a heart needs healing; maybe tears need a shoulder to fall upon; maybe that lonely face simply needs an assuring smile to let them know they matter. If we keep our eyes open and help in the littlest of ways, person by person, we will brighten the entire world around us.

Today's Challenge: Carry out some small acts of kindness throughout the day.


Questions to consider:

How do you tend to feel when someone else offers you help in a sincere, caring way?

How many chances will you have to help someone else today, even in very small ways?

What are some specific ways you might be able to offer help to others?


For further thought:

The more often he feels without acting, the less he will be able ever to act, and, in the long run, the less he will be able to feel.

C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

----------------------------------------
Inspire Me Books (Amazon)

Inspire Me: Currents...
Inspire Me: The Swells...
https://amazon.com/author/clstarling

Series of daily inspirations revisited and revised for publication. Thank you for all the interest and support through the years.
----------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment