Thursday, August 8, 2024

Stay In The Fight

Food for thought.

God Bless.



“You will stay in the fight of faith until Jesus calls you home. 

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses. 1 Timothy 6:12

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

In the recent NBA Finals, the Boston Celtics were up 3 to 1 against the Dallas Mavericks. One game away from winning their first championship title in sixteen years, Celtics player, Jalen Brown, was asked if he wanted to come out of the game to rest. He responded, as long as my opponent is on the floor, I am on the floor. I said to myself, I like that. As long as my adversary is on the floor, I’m on the floor. As long as that slew-footed devil is seeking to steal, kill and destroy, I’m on the court, staying in the fight of faith until Jesus calls me home. 

Let this mind be in us which was also in Christ Jesus. Jesus understood two things that kept Him on the cross until His job was complete. He understood His assignment and He understood what was at stake. My sister, today be reminded of your kingdom assignment and all that's at stake here. We are so close to Christ's return and as long as our adversary is on the prowl to destroy everything we care about, God wants us in the fight of faith and He wants us sober and vigilant. He wants us walking in the power and authority He delegated to us. Greater is He who is within us than he who is in the world. 

Prayer: Father God, thank you for speaking directly to my heart. Remove all fear and give me strength and courage as I stay in the fight of faith until you call me home. Help me not be ignorant of satan's devices. Help me be sober and vigilant, understanding what your will is in this hour. Keep at the forefront of my mind, my assignment and what is at stake. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Read 1 John 4:4; 2 Corinthians 2:11

Daughters of the King Daily Devotionals

No comments:

Post a Comment