Monday, June 29, 2015

Are You Distracted Or Determined


This is a great question! It makes me want to stop and take a good hard look at myself and answer this question honestly no matter how much it may hurt.

I am so thankful for these types of devotionals who can speak to the heart in my time of need. It just proves to me how much God loves me.

God Bless.

Are You Distracted or Determined?
by Joyce Meyer - posted June 29, 2015

“Few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”
Luke10:42 NIV

In order to enjoy the present moment and the gifts it contains, we need to have balanced attitudes toward work. Luke 10:38–42 tells the story of Jesus’ visit to the home of two sisters, Mary and Martha.
Martha was overly occupied and too busy (see Luke 10:40). But Mary sat down at Jesus’ feet and listened to what He had to say. Martha was distracted with much serving; Mary was thankful Jesus was there and was determined not to miss the beauty of the present moment. And Jesus said that Mary made a better choice than Martha did.

Jesus did not tell Martha not to work; He told her not to be frustrated and have a bad attitude while she worked. Jesus wants us to work hard, but He also wants us to be wise enough to realize when we should stop all activity and not miss the miracle of the moment.

Prayer of Thanks Thank You, Father, for the way You teach me to live my life in balance. Help me to do the work You have given me to do without letting it become a distraction to my relationship with You. Thank 
You that I can enjoy moments at Your feet each day.

From the book The Power of Being Thankful by Joyce Meyer. Copyright © 2014 by Joyce Meyer. Published by FaithWords. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2015 

No comments:

Post a Comment