Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Get Dressed


I know this little devotional is going to seem silly but to me, it potent in my life. 

I have a tendency to want to lay around in pajamas all day. I think to myself, what's the use. No one will see me anyway.

This should show you how down I can and have become. It's not like I don't care but. And that's the problem. There always seems to be a but and not a clear direction and follow threw.

It's a mind problem. I have one of the biggest one there is. Not sure if anyone can match it. What I need to realize is that God is where I am and I'm sure he doesn't like looking at pajamas everyday of the week when He tries to talk with me.  

I need to realize not only do I represent Him when I'm out and about but I also represent Him in my home and who's to say He might want to send someone my way but He can't because I'm to lazy, self-centered, and just a plain blah hum bug. 

So, let's get dressed and give God the best.

God Bless.


Get Dressed

“Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity” Colossians 3:12-14.

When I wake up each morning, one of the first things I do is get dressed. I choose clothes which fit the weather, the day’s plans, and my mood. There is one outfit that never fails to look and feel amazing on me. It works for every mood, every possible weather scenario, and every single type of event. Do you have that outfit too?

The Bible tells us about this perfect outfit in Colossians 3:12-14. We should clothe ourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. It’s the most beautiful outfit, and it will get us the most wonderful compliments every time we choose to wear it. And you know the best part? Christ wore the same one!

What is the purpose of clothing? To cover us. To shelter us from the elements of the world. To keep us protected and unashamed. When we wear these characteristics on a daily basis, we are better equipped to handle anything that comes our way – including forgiving those with which we may have grievances. But just in case we are still worried, verse 14 takes care of that. Over everything, we will put on love, and love will bind everything together in perfect unity.

The next time you are getting dressed, as you put on your physical clothes – meditate on these verses. Then take a look in the mirror. I promise you – you’ve never looked better!
Prayer: Lord, thank you that you are compassionate, kind, humble, gentle, and patient! Thank you that you live out these characteristics perfectly. Help me to stay reminded to dress myself properly daily. Today, I put on compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. In Jesus’ name, Amen

________

© 2015 Daughters of the King Daily Devotionals. All Rights Reserved.
Designed by charity: themes

No comments:

Post a Comment