Thursday, March 21, 2024

Inspire Me

Inspired me!!!! Now you!!!!.


God Bless.


Today's Quotation:

Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.

A.A. Milne

Today's Meditation:

My logical mind tends to want to put limits on things... like the amount of blood I can pump through my heart within 24 hours. This happens to be somewhere around the amount of 1,900 gallons, or 7,200 liters, per day. That is an amazing number to comprehend! Of course, when we are talking about gratitude, we cannot physically hold it within our hearts in a literal sense. But in a metaphorical sense, we can... and the amount we can hold is infinite in nature.

We have the ability to find gratitude for everything each day of our lives. Still, it can be difficult to be thankful when we find ourselves confronted with pains and sorrows, hardships and adversity. What if I become sick, for example, how am I supposed to be thankful for that? The truth is I can be thankful that my body's immune system fights off the invading germs, infection, or virus. I can be thankful for the time I have to recover, and for the people who have spent so much time and energy involved in research and development of medicines that will help my body fight sickness and disease. Not long ago, we did not have the antibiotics we do now to help fight the infections, virus, and disease that killed many people years ago. Even now, many countries still do not have this medicine readily available.

Gratitude enriches our life, and the life of those we meet. I have learned the value of a heartfelt "thank you" through experience, and it changes my perception of life, keeping me focused on the fact that I have such wonderful blessing in my life. The thanks I receive also helps to remind me that I am not in this life on my own--my life is intertwined with the lives of countless others.

Life becomes rich when we are thankful. We see the many things we have and the multitude of things we receive for what they are--blessings that enrich our lives. Gratitude can be an attitude, a state of mind--it is a simple choice we make each day we open our eyes to this beautiful world.

Today's Challenge: Express your thankfulness to others today with liberal generosity.

Questions to consider:

What are some of the many things you can be thankful for? Do you express gratitude for them each day?

How can having a heart of gratitude positively affect our lives? How can it positively affect the lives of those we interact with each day?

How many people could we thank today? What effect will this have on your life?

For further thought:

True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future, not to amuse ourselves with either hopes or fears but to rest satisfied with what we have, which is sufficient, for he that is so wants nothing. The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.

Seneca

----------------------------------------
Inspire Me Books (Amazon)

Inspire Me: Currents...
Inspire Me: The Swells...
https://amazon.com/author/clstarling

Series of daily inspirations revisited and revised for publication. Thank you for all the interest and support through the years.
----------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment