Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Pride

Pride...the good, the bad, and something to think about. 

God Bless. 


Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Inspiration 

Pride goes before the fall. It is a well-known saying, but do we give it much thought? It was pride that first brought sin into the world, and pride that drives every selfish decision we make when we seek to be God’s of our own lives. Even as Christians, if we forget that we are acting in God’s power and try to use our own strength, we will be reminded swiftly of our limits and our need to rely on Him.

Prayer 

Father, thank You for saving me from my prideful and destructive ways. Your power and Your grace are all that I need. Please guard my heart against pride so that all that I do may be for Your glory, not my own. Teach me to lean on Your wisdom and Your power so that I may remain in step with Your Spirit. In Jesus’ name, amen.

-Author Unknown 

No comments:

Post a Comment