Friday, February 14, 2014

Cultivate a Grateful Heart

When I am in a grumbling mood, the first thing to leave me is my sense of graditude. Giving thanks is not on my top ten list of things to do that day.

However, I know that both gratitude and complaining are I habits that can be developed for the sole purpose of affecting the quality of my days. 

Once I am in a foul mood there are few things that can lift my mood yet somehow I hear the voice deep down within my being calling out for me to live a life of graditude. 

I long for the day when I wake up and the first thing out of my mouth is, "this is the day The Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it." 

But somehow I can't control everything that will happen in a day so I must focus on making the choice of having a attitude of graditude no matter what comes my way.

I recently read something hat I want to share with you, an idea that just might solve the negativity parent of life and move us into a life of gratitude without even thinking of it.

Try keeping a graditude journal with entries that equivalent to the number of year it maybe. Seeing its 2014, my journal should have that many entries and if I am focused on my journal, I won't have time for the negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment