Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Moving Foward


I don't know about you, but when I am faced with a lot of choices I seem to have a brain malfunction.

To many decions are never good and I often find myself making them out of my head and not my heart not allowing God to speak to me. 

I was elated when I came across this little devotional about how to move forward once a decision is made. 

If I think making a decision is made, moving forward after it has been made is the toughest thing to walk out.

I go back and forth always thinking the other option is the best and always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I long for peace in every area of my life so I got encouraged when I came across this little devotional and moving toward doesn't seem to be so scary now.

God Bless.


MARCH 8

Moving Forward

My members, the parts of my body, are instruments of righteousness, yielded to God for His service and for His glory.

We have a choice to make. Something is going to control us. Which will it be: sin or righteousness? If we say righteousness, we can believe we will be tested! The devil will not give up as long as he thinks he has a chance of succeeding.

When an individual is tested and tempted, the devil will go on until that person has come to the place where the temptation just doesn’t affect him. He does not even entertain the thought. The devil is clever enough not to waste his time on people like that. But if any double- mindedness exists in us, the devil will exploit it. We must make a firm decision.

I am speaking in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For...you presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness, resulting in further lawlessness. (Romans 6:19 NASB)

If we choose lawlessness, it will increase. We will become more and more lawless. Many of us can trace that reality in our lives.

Instead of increasing in lawlessness, “now present your members as slaves to righteousness, resulting in sanctification [holiness]” (verse 19 NASB).

It is almost impossible to stand still in the spiritual life. We are either going to go forward or backward. We are either going to progress in holiness or go further into rebellion.

Thank You, Jesus, for Your victory on the cross. I present myself as a slave to righteousness and proclaim that my members, the parts of my body, are instruments of righteousness, yielded to God for His service and for His glory. Amen. 


Derek Prince Miniseries 

No comments:

Post a Comment