Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A Little Help with Prayer

I often have trouble with praying.  I often wonder if I am doing it right and wonder if God actually hears me. I love this devotional because it helps me in an area I struggle with.  I hope it helps you as well.

God Bless.

Matthew 6:7-8 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

This is really more a depth question than a length question. Pride can be at work even here in the heart of the person praying - which is a danger whether your prayer is very long, or very short. Approach God as who He is: our loving heavenly Father. He knows you perfectly, knows what you need, and is able to answer! Trust Him with your heart, because He has proven faithful and His love is known as "unfailing".

There is no need to impress God with many words, simply reveal your heart to Him in prayer.

Verse/Commentary courtesy of 'Jesus Daily: Bible Devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment