Monday, September 15, 2014

Get Into Balance

There is no one like my family who can get under my skin and tick me off more. Yes, I hate fake, judgmental, and insensitive people but my immediate family can put a burr in my mood faster than anything I know.

Love them? Desperately. But they can make me look at myself like a failure where I am teetering on depression. 

I so needed this little devotional by Joyce Meyer. One thing I know, they aren't going to change unless God changes them so I've been striving to work on myself and leave the rest behind.

Hopefully I am not the only person in the world who has problems with dealing with people and this devotional will help them just as much as it did for me.

God Bless.

Get in Balance

by Joyce Meyer

Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening]. 
—1 Corinthians 13:7

We all get emotional occasionally, or lose our temper once in a while. But if you are out of balance in either one of these areas, it is very important to get back in balance if you want your day to go right.

If your feelings get hurt because someone looks at you crossways, or because friends or family forget your birthday, you need to spend more time with God. He will fill you with so much love and such a sense of self-worth that you won’t feel ill-tempered or touchy toward anyone. Seek God with your whole heart today. Talk to Him about your problems, and then enjoy yourself, knowing that He cares for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment