Monday, May 11, 2020

How Long Lord

How long Lord? If you never have asked that question, then your lying to yourself. You just don't want to admit it but let me just say, He won't get angry if you do.

So be encouraged, He knows all and He still promises to be there nor will He leave us or forsake us.

God Bless.


Psalm 13:1-2 How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?


Feeling like God is distant is not always a result of sin. Sometimes God hides his face, and He does so with purpose. People very consistently take their "eyes off the prize". It is sort of like taking the presence of God for granted, or allowing your life to become "too busy" for Him, even if that busyness is filled with good things. God allows us to enter into this place that makes it feel as though He is far off. From there, we seek Him with renewed fervor. By hiding His face, He has drawn us close to Himself and reminded us how much we delight in His presence.


 Verse courtesy of 'Psalm-A-Day' android app. http://www.idelata.com/apps/psalm-a-day/

No comments:

Post a Comment