Sunday, September 13, 2020

Don't Tolerate Temptation


I love this little devotional but can I be honest with you? I tolerate temptation.

In fact, there are times I welcome it. I can be.doing just fine for day's, weeks, and even month's but then I wake up and I'm just in the mood to get into a little bit of trouble and I open the necessary doors. 

So yeah, I need to constantly keep this little devotional in a place where I know to find it and pull it out when those urges for trouble hit and remind myself, I am more than a conquer.

God Bless.





Don’t Tolerate Temptation!


Submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. - James 4:7, NKJV
Temptation, whether in the form of a serving of birthday cake when you’re on a diet or the bed of your neighbor’s spouse, intensifies through toleration. The toleration leads to a preoccupation of thoughts, and it’s not long before we reach out to touch it. At that point, there is almost no turning back.
What temptation have you tolerated, thought about, touched, and toyed with? “It’s just one more glass of wine.” “It’s just a little harmless flirtation.” “It’s just a magazine at the checkout counter.” “It’s just one date.” Watch out! If you tolerate it, think about it, and toy with it, you are just a step away from actually doing it. So . . . instead of tolerating sin, turn from it NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment