Thursday, September 10, 2020

Open The Eyes Of My Heart

Open The Eyes Of Our/My Heart Lord

 

I don’t know about you but I am some what mental.

I am mentally drained from what is taking place right now. I am mentally drained of this virus and all it has brought with it. I am mentally exhausted from staying home and doing nothing. I am mentally, not to mention physically, exhausted from eating and drinking myself right into the sin of gluttony while not allowing myself to get enough exercise because being lazy seems to be the in thing to do now. I am tired of the metal abuse from officials who can't seem to make up their minds on how to fight this invisible enemy. And don’t get me started about how they keep us hang on the edge of our seats as to whether the state is going to shut down again or stay open and then if it does stay open, just what exactly is allowed to be open and for how long. There are just times their logic and thinking doesn’t makes sense to me. Then there is the guilt train people try to put you on if you don't wear a mask translated: I don't care about Tom, Dick, or Harry. Which is furtherest thing from the truth.

And then there is those who don't wear a mask trying to make the ones feel guilty for wearing one. Then add the riots, the police defunding, and the political rhretoric being slammed back and forth. Its enough to make you not want to get out of bed again, ever. Personally, I have my opinons on everything but that is not the reason why I write this.

During this time, I have felt myself being riled up, losing sleep, and the thought of peace has gone out the door. My new normal consist of annoyance, short temperment, a sense of frustration, and a feeling of constant dread. Naps are a welcome distraction and the lawn mower has become my best friend.

It was after one of my famous naps, I began to hear a song stir in my heart. It is an oldie but goodie. It’s a song asking God to open the eye’s of our /my heart so I could see Him. This in turn, led to a question bubbling up from within: did I really want to see HIm? Because if I am honest here, I was beginning to think God had left the building leaving us to fend for ourselves. Translation: He was no where in sight. He couldn’t be found and He didn’t want to be bothered with the happening’s taking place down here.  

But I knew this was not true. Not only because His word states He won’t ever leave us but also because I knew He hadn’t. And in His infinite wisdom, He began to show me He was still in the center of this choas and yes, this is what this is, but He was still moving. For you see, He is moving in the small stuff He tells us not to sweat about. He is making a way where there seems to be no way. He is still speaking in the still small voice only He can do.

This begs the question, do you and I hear it? And while we are listening for Him, can we see Him as He is working things out for our good in our current situation and surroundings? Believe me, I believe He is moving in a new direction and in a mighty way. However are we/am I willing to follow?

God I hope so, for I truly do want to see You high and lifted up in this world full of chaos, heartache, and misery so in turn I can bask in the shining of Your light so others can see Your power and love but more importantly, Lord, may all the happenings taking place today and in the day’s to come be for Your glory. So Lord, I say yes. Open the eyes of my heart, Lord, for I truly want to see You!


Open the Eyes of My Heart

Song by Michael W. Smith

Lyrics

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart
I want to see You
I want to see You

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart
I want to see You
I want to see You

To see You high and lifted up
Shinin' in the light of Your glory
Pour out Your power and love
As we sing holy, holy, holy

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart
I want to see You
I want to see Youh

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart
I want to see You
I want to see You

To see You high and lifted up
Shinin' in the light of Your glory
Pour out Your power and love
As we sing holy, holy, holy

To see You high and lifted up
Shinin' in the light of Your glory
Pour out Your power and love
As we sing holy, holy, holy

To see You high and lifted up
Shinin’ in the llight ff Your glory


My article that was published in the Outreacher 

No comments:

Post a Comment