Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Your Breath

Think about it. God's very breath formed man and His spoken word created. It truly is amazing how God works. 

I have such a curiosity about Him that I can't fathom everyone else doesn't share my enthusiasm about God.

I never get bored reading about In the beginning. I always find something new and this devotional is no exception. 

God Bless.

Genesis 2:7 Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. 

Your breath belongs to God. When I read this verse, I think about how merciful God is that He continues to let us all live. I know we are saved by Christ, yet how long did God continue with Israel? 

Multiple generations at a time would turn away from Him, yet He continued to allow them to breathe. We cannot imagine the extent of God’s mercy – especially when considering our gift of eternal life through Christ alone. Every person on this earth is breathing because of God’s gift of life. Without the breath of God, we are only dust. It is God who made us, and He makes us who we truly are. 

 Verse/Commentary courtesy of 'Jesus Daily: Bible Devotional' android app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.idelata.JesusDaily

No comments:

Post a Comment