Monday, November 25, 2019

This Is The Confidence

I love this little devotional. It puts into words that my heart has felt for years. I believe people are living very deceiving lives believing they can do and say anything because the grace of God will cover them no matter what.

And if something happens, well, it's not their fault it must be the other person's fault because they obviously aren't as spiritual as they should be. That's all crap of course but their our people who live and die by doing and saying whatever then following it up with some scripture to support thier claim. I get tired of being an outcast in this thinking but nothing they have said or did has persuaded me to change my mind.

Nor has my thinking changed any of theirs except for making them mad at me and asking me to leave maybe not in words but in deeds. I guess one day we will know who is right on the subject matter when we stand in the judgement seat but until then, I will hang on to devotionals like these who concur with my thinking and keep plugging away always ready to give an answer for the hope that lives inside of me.

God Bless.



1 John 5:14-15
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.  And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.

Perhaps you've heard it said to approach God and "believe that you are receiving" whatever it is that you are asking for.  This does not mean that you can dream up anything you WANT, and expect God to hand it to you on a proverbial silver platter.  In the collision of grace and gratitude our heart is able to begin to desire the things that God wants specifically for us.  From that heart we can seek God with confidence; assured that we are indeed receiving what we are asking for, because our hearts are synchronized with His.  Pray scripture, and have faith in He who always answers.

Verse/Commentary courtesy of 'Verse-A-Day' android app.
http://www.verse-a-day.com/Apps

No comments:

Post a Comment