Friday, April 24, 2015

Triumphing Over Trails


I hate trials. If I had my way, I'd never have another one again. I think they are stupid and pointless. That is what I say every time I get into one but after it's all said and done, my life is forever changed for the better. 

So maybe God knows what He is talking about after all. This little devotional gives you a little bit of a boost and hope for when you are faced, or in a battle for your life.

Just remember, God loves you and YOU ARE AN OVERCOMER!!

Triumphing over Trials


For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake… Philippians 1:29 NKJV


Why should we be excited about having the privilege of suffering for Christ’s sake? God is not in the business of deception. So while this verse may seem disheartening, to the believer, it is actually a truly exciting promise! Those who are walking and growing in Christ must have this knowledge ingrained in their hearts: the greater the battle, the greater the victory.

Good soldiers do not run away from the battle. They run right in, knowing that they have the training and tools to be victorious. They are ready to bring glory and honor to their king and to benefit their people.

You might say that you aren’t a soldier, but if you are in Christ, that is exactly what you are. Only your flesh, if allowed to dominate, will bar you from the privilege of participating in the battle.


Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ. (2 Corinthians2:14 NKJV)
God will never lead us into a trial that He won’t give us the power to overcome. He does not abuse His children. We do not need to worry when we face storms, because the Holy Spirit always knows the beginning from the end. He knows how to lead us to victory. By His grace, we can push through every storm to see the clear skies that follow.

Do you want to face trials with the heart of a faithful soldier? 


Pray:

Father, forgive me for the times when I’ve decided to run from a storm instead of facing it head on. Holy Spirit, I ask for all of the resources and tools You have available for me. Reveal Your truth to me as I go deeper into Your Word. In Jesus’ name, amen.


Source Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment