Thursday, December 17, 2015

He Is Your Everything


This little devotional asks a very good question. 

Is Jesus your everything? That's His prayer and hope. He has faith that we are going to get up everyday and put our heart, our soul, and our life where it matters having faith in Him!

God Bless.

He is Your Everything

I say to the LORD, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.” Psalm 16:2 NIV
There is no person who can fulfill your life, your heart, as your God can. He takes the place of every relationship in your life and serves as your everything. Anything that brings you earthly happiness can be replaced with Him, but there is no single person or thing on this earth that can give you the joy that only He has to offer.

Whatever you may be lacking in your life today, whether that be a friend, a father, a man, know that God Himself is enough for you. I remember once begging God for relationships in my life and Him speaking to my spirit, “Daughter, until you realize I am all you truly need, you will never be satisfied.” He wants you to depend on Him. Rely on Him. Trust Him. Know He is your everything. Before He places something magnificent in your hands, they must be empty, first. Rid yourself of the idea that you need anything aside from Him in your life today. Because sister, there is no other friend, no father, no love like that of the One who loved you, first (1 John 4:19).

He is your Shepherd who keeps watch over you (Ezekiel 34:11-16) (Psalm 121:3). He is your Friend who loves you at all times (Proverbs 17:17). He is your Father who calls you His own (1 John 3:10). And He is Your first love (Revelation 2:4).

Prayer: Father, I know that you are my everything, and I praise your worthy name. Forgive me for thinking any other person could satisfy my soul as only you can. Fill me, Lord, and show up for me this very day. I love you, and my heart beats for you, Jesus. You are mine, and I am yours. In your precious name, Amen.
(Read Psalms 107:9; Psalms 119:57; Isaiah 40:28-31)
________
A sincere thanks to our Contributing Devotional Writers.
To give into Daughters of the King International Ministries, Inc., click here or you may visit www.dot-k.com. May God bless you in abundance. Love, The DOTK Family

No comments:

Post a Comment