Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Then An Angel Of The Lord


Can you imagine being Zechariah? Imagine yourself going into the temple with the mindset of doing just your job and leaving but then your world is turned up side down by an angel appearing. For me, just seeing the angel would send me over the edge let alone him speak to me.

But then the angel does speak and his words send a chill down your spine. Like Zechariah, I probably would feel the same way he did and in fact, when God has spoken to me, I find myself saying yeah right.

Unlike Zechariah, I have a chance to change my reactions to when God speaks to me and become like Mary and answer His requests by saying as you wish, Lord. I'm not there yet. I'm still like Zechariah and his ways so when I found this little devotional talking a little about Zech's life, I got encouraged that all is not without hope.

And what I need now and what the world needs is hope no matter where it comes from even if it's through this little devotional.

God Bless.


Luke 1:11-17 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense.

When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear.  But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John.

He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth,  for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.

He will bring back many of the people of Israel to the Lord their God.  And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.” Miracle after miracle! An angel of the Lord appears to Zechariah.

A child will be born to a barren Elizabeth. The child (John the Baptist) will come in the spirit and power of Elijah, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit before he is born. Many of the children of Israel will listen to him and turn to the Lord their God. The word miracle is defined as, "such an effect or event manifesting or considered as a work of God".

The promise of John the Baptist is laden with the miraculous work of God...and God is just getting started with this generation.

Verse/Commentary courtesy of 'Jesus Daily: Bible Devotional' android app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.idelata.JesusDaily

No comments:

Post a Comment