Monday, September 25, 2017

Don't Judge By Appearance Or Height

This little devotional is really sensitive to me because I suffer from a gene defect that hinders how I look.
All my life I have struggled to see myself as God sees me...beautiful and prefect.
Even though I have a husband a son who loves me and doesn't seem to mind my appearance, they some times become a little patronizing acting as if I can't do anything.
Yes, I am limited, but more importantly, my mind limits me more than anything or anyone. So when I see others, I try to see them as I want them to see me.
I try hard to see them for who they are, God's choosen, wonderfully made children who.are created in the sight of God.
I don't always succeed and that is why I need little devotional's like these to help me so I can go out and make the world a better place.
God Bless.
But the Lord said to Samuel, "Don't judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The Lord doesn't see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." (NLT) -1 Samuel 16:7
Isn't it refreshing to know that God doesn't judge us by our appearance, but rather by purity of heart? He looks at our motivations and thoughts to judge each one of us. To take it one step further, do we hold others to the same standard to which God holds us? Or do we instead judge others superficially, according to the ways of the world? Let's make an effort not to be hypocritical by wanting to be judged by our heart while judging others based on appearance.
Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://bit.ly/16uZrQ5

No comments:

Post a Comment