Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Are You Thankful To God

Words of wisdom written in the words below. I am not just saying this for my health.
In fact, we need to put thankfulness into our every day lives so we can be an example of Christ, our Lord and Savior.
God Bless.


Are You Thankful to God?
My friend had a small tumor on her finger, for which she was operated. Her right hand was bandaged and she could not use it for a while. She was handicapped without the use of her hand. She realized how every little part of our body is important. How we take God’s creation for granted! She said, “Have I ever thanked God for my fingers?” A small tumor on her finger and everything came to a standstill. The Bible says, ‘In all circumstances give thanks to God’. Then let us arise and go up to Bethel; and I will make there an altar to God, who answered me in the day of my distress and has been with me in the way which I have gone (Genesis 35:3).

Here, ‘altar’ is a source of thanksgiving to God. Jacob showed his gratefulness to God by building an altar, because God answered him in times of trials and tribulations and was with him wherever he went. Our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, so we become His altar and a carrier of His presence. This altar is not man-made. We can, and must, thank God for his beautiful and endless creation; for our body starting from head to toe, for the people around us, for our basic needs, for our jobs and above all for the gift of knowing Him. God is pleased when we thank Him. But, we have become so selfish that we are only concerned about ‘I, me and myself’’. Let us come out of this boundary, become selfless and thank the Lord for His awesome creation. Let us thank the Lord for all the good things that come from Him. This is God’s will for us.
Prayer Sweet Holy Spirit, help me become selfless and thank God at all times, in all circumstances and please Him in every way. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
-Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment