Friday, May 1, 2015

Let Me See You Smile

Have you ever heard the phrase "It takes a little to make someone happy." Well according to Joyce Meyer, a smile could be the very thing a person needs to make it through a day, an hour, or even the exact moment of contact.

I believe I'm being challenged to smile a little bit more often even when I don't feel like it. Sometimes, you just have to look at the bigger picture and realize it isn't about you it's about the people you come in contact with and that every life matters and it's our job to make them see just how much they are really worth not only in our eyes but in the Creator's eyes.

God Bless


Let Me See You Smile

by Joyce Meyer 

Greet every saint in Christ Jesus... Philippians 4:21 NKJV

It is amazing how a smile and a friendly greeting put people at ease. It takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile, so smile and give your face a break!

You might be thinking, Well, that is just not me. I am a serious-minded person; I am more reserved and private. I just prefer not to get involved with people that much, especially people I don't know. If you feel that way, I understand because I was exactly the same way until I kept seeing what the Bible says about encouragement, edification, exhortation, and making people feel valuable. I finally decided that God had not called me to merely be comfortable, but to be obedient, so I started being friendly on purpose.

For years, the apostle Paul told those to whom he ministered to greet one another with a holy kiss (see Rom. 16:16), which was customary in their day. I am only asking for a smile!

Love Others Today: Remember to smile and be friendly today!

From the book Love Out Loud by Joyce Meyer. Copyright © 2011 by Joyce Meyer. Published by FaithWords. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment