Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Good Deeds


I know all about doing good deeds and I must admit, there was a time in my life when I was one of those people who believed my good deeds was all I needed to do to get to heaven.

Then I got a reality check. In fact, I will be so bold to say that God gently slapped me along side the head and told me to grow up.

And I have. I got into the word and I let Him show me how His kingdom works.

Am I perfect? Not by a long shot.

Have I got it all together? Are you kidding me?

Do I know everything there is to know about God and His kingdom? Not even close.

But I do know it's going to take more than your deeds to get you to heaven. But that is something for you and your maker to work out. If you ask, He will show!

God Bless.

Now I will expose your so-called good deeds. None of them will help you. (NLT) -Isaiah 57:12

Some people believe being a good person will get them to heaven. Good deeds alone don't lead to everlasting life, but faith in God leads to a beautiful life beyond this earth. Faith in God can't be replaced by good deeds.

Faith is believing in God and trusting in His goodness. Remember to include God in your daily decisions to grow your relationship with Him.

Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://bit.ly/16uZrQ5

No comments:

Post a Comment