Thursday, August 6, 2015

Walk In Love

When it comes to walking in love with others, I need all the help I can get.


Most of the time, I look at people and want to slap them silly and ask them, "who raised you?"

But I can't. I know better. I live better than that. And every day, it doesn't hurt me to go to God 
in prayer and ask Him to show me how He sees people. 

I can assure you, He sees them with the eyes of understanding and of love. He knows them better than I could possibly know them. He looks upon their hearts and still says all is well and good.

It is through Christ's eyes, I should look and walk. His eyes see love and not my selfishness. We need to pick up His cause and stop saying, "God did you see what what's her face just did?" Instead replace it with eyes of compassion for others. It's called, denying yourself, and it's the hardest job there is.

God Bless.

Walk in Love

by Joyce Meyer

And walk in love, [esteeming and delighting in one another] as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us, a slain offering and sacrifice to God [for you, so that it became] a sweet fragrance. —Ephesians 5:2

Jesus said, “If anyone intends to come after Me, let him deny himself [forget, ignore, disown, and lose sight of himself and his own interests] and take up his cross, and [joining Me as a disciple and siding with My party] follow with Me [continually, cleaving steadfastly to Me] (Mark 8:34, emphasis mine).

Living a disciplined life means laying aside personal feelings, deciphering which choice is most important in God’s eyes, and then allowing that choice to take preeminence over the others. As Jesus laid down His life for you, He is asking you to lay down your interests for His greater cause.


From the book Starting Your Day Right by Joyce Meyer. Copyright © 2011 by Joyce Meyer. Published by FaithWords. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment