Friday, August 21, 2015

Measuring Life


Are you greedy? And I'm not necessary talking money either.

Anything that pulls you away from your relationship with God the Father is greed in my opinion.

Including time, thoughts, and of course money.

And I'm sorry to say, there are times when I allow things to pull me away and keep me for days, months, and yes, even years away from my relationship with God. I'm not proud of it.

But I'm calling it what it is for my life and in my life, it's greed. And thank you Lord, you don't hold it against me!

God Bless.

Then Jesus said, "Beware! Guard against every kind of greed.  Life is not measured by how much you own." (NLT) -Luke 12:15

Greed is so difficult to identify in ourselves, yet so easy to call out in others. This verse is most powerful when we apply it to our own selves.

When you feel an impulsive thought to take advantage of a situation for your gain, take a moment. Think through your actions thoroughly and look at who loses with your gain. Will your action bring you closer to God or further away from depending on Him?

Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://bit.ly/16uZrQ5

No comments:

Post a Comment