Friday, April 27, 2018

Go To God First


I wonder what life might be like if we went God first about everything instead of putting our lives and problems out there for all Faceback friends to see.




I would bet, Facebook stock would plummet and possibly go back to what it was created for, a way to stay in touch with family and friends without the long distance expense. 



And who knows if there would be a need for Twitter? But unfortunately, people haven't learned a darn thing and we open ourselves to be the topic of gossip and judgment.



But like this little devotional has put it, there is an answer available that won't make us look like idiot's and all we have to do is talk to the Man, called Jesus and tell Him all about our troubles, then let go and let God.
We can do it! We can start a revolution today!


God Bless.






Go to God First

by Joyce Meyer

He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. 
—Psalm 91:15

One time, a member of my extended family did something that really hurt me, and I felt rejected as a result. After it happened, I was sitting in the car in a lot of emotional pain and I said, “God, I need You to comfort me. I don’t want to feel like this. I don’t want to get bitter or develop resentment. I’ve experienced this same kind of pain from this person before and I don’t want my day to be ruined by it. But I’m having trouble handling it and I have to have Your help.”
Do you know what happened? God took the pain and all my bad feelings went away! But how many times, instead of turning to Him in prayer, do we turn to other people, mistakenly thinking that telling them all about what happened will comfort us, but it doesn’t?
The truth is that talking about something that hurt us only stirs up the pain in our emotions more and makes it more difficult to overcome. We tend to do everything we can think of before turning to God, and nothing ever changes the situation. We would be so much better off if our first response to every emergency and every kind of emotional pain were to pray. If we will depend totally on God, letting Him know that we need Him more than anyone or anything, we will experience major breakthroughs in our lives.
God’s word for you today: Make God your “first responder.”


From the book Hearing from God Each Morning: 365 Daily Devotions by Joyce Meyer. Copyright © 2010 by Joyce Meyer. Published by FaithWords. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment