Thursday, April 26, 2018

I Was Only Joking

I love to be orney, but I have come to realize when I have gone overboard.
I have also realized, I am guilty of doing exactly what this little devotional accuse people of doing.
I do it without truly taking account of what my actions may cause that person to feel.
I know I have hurt people in the past but thank God I can change the course of my tongue as well as what I think is ornery.
If we truly understood what our actions do to people, then I think we would think more before we speak. I believe there is hope in reigning in our actions but first we must be willing to lay down our kidding way's and begin building bridges of love.
God Bless.

Just as damaging as a madman shooting a deadly weapon is someone who lies to a friend and then says, “I was only joking.” (NLT) -Proverbs 26:18-19
We do this carelessly every day, make a negative comment towards someone and brush it off as a joke. However this is a treacherous act that is damaging to that friend and any onlookers who think of you as a friend. Sift your joke through the filter of love and warmth and avoid using jokes as a weapon.
Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevotion/

No comments:

Post a Comment