Thursday, January 12, 2017

Lover Of The Father

   
There is so much that is wonderful about the world we live in not to mention some of the things I think I can't live without but as I start a new journey, I have to take a step back and take a hard look at the truth.
And the truth is, I can live without most of the things this world has to offer. I also have to ask myself if the reason why I want the things of this world is because I want to keep up with the Jones and for other selfish reasons. And truth be told, I'm selfish. I want what I want, when I want it. Nothing more and nothing less.
But if I take a close look at what God says about the things of this world, he cautions about the dangers of being sucked into the lie the things of the world seems to hold on us.
Sometimes the things of this world turns good things ugly and make people make choices otherwise they never would. It's a constant battle and I'm thankful for devotionals that help me keep my eyes on the things of the Father instead and the benefits He offers me.
I'm thankful for a loving Father who knows what I need in any given time and this little devotional does just that. Truth for a daily life is worth more than any amount of money.
God Bless.
Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you.  For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions.  These are not from the Father, but are from this world. (NLT) -1 John 2:15-16
The world can be a very attractive place. As Christians we need to avoid the three things John mentions that are of this world. Why? Because loving the world produces bad fruit: pride, greed, entitlement, discontentment and so forth. What things that exist in your life prevent you from having the love of the Father in you?
Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://bit.ly/16uZrQ5

No comments:

Post a Comment