Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Healing


There is so much truth in the words written in this little devotional below.
The tongue can and is the most hurtful thing on the planet. When it is used to hurt people, lives will be forever changed.
I am a prime example of how the tongue works and how those words have affected my life. And I am forever changed.
I need healing from those words and a life changing attitude and i can honestly say, I am on my way for the first step has always been to acknowledge the hurt and give them over to God which seems to be the hardest thing to do but I take courage in the fact my God is bigger than any tongue on the planet.
God Bless.
"Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing." - (Proverbs 12:18)
Solomon writes about the tongue, healthy and unhealthy speech. Whenever I am going through a difficult time, especially if it stems from my folly, I do not want nor need to hear that it's my fault. What I need is a listening ear and words of encouragement to get me through. I already know that I did wrong. Can you relate? We must endeavor to use our tongue to edify, bring healing instead of tear down and yield wounding. The tongue of the wise brings health, the process of making or becoming sound or healthy again. There is no honor in being bitter and sharp tongued. Our words should bring healing all the time.
-Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment