Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Worry Is Sin


Worry, my second nature. And I hate it. Some will say, including myself,  it's just apart of life.
But according to my God, His word, and everything about Christian living, this doesn't seem to hold any truth to it.
Worry is not my friend and needs to be kicked to the curb. Not tomorrow but today.
Yes, this is easy for me to say and putting it into practice is a whole different thing. But thank God, He doesn't remember my sin once I confess it. I may need to put some work into over coming it by laying worry down at the communion table as much as I need to and standing on the word a lot more than I do now.
I know I can do it! I'm an overcomer and worry has no place within me and my life, ever.
God Bless.
"Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?" - (Matthew 6:27)
Devotional
Jesus warns that we should not worry. Margaret Feinberg penned this quote, "worry is a subtle way of telling God that Hes fallen asleep at the wheel and that things arent under His authority, but ours". How dare we challenge God's control of the universe? Worry, anxiety, doubt, fear, and unbelief cause us to. Worry is a sin it's like a rocking chair that keeps us moving, but takes us nowhere. The recipe for overcoming worry: learn to trust God and all that He does and allows. We can't change or control anything. God is trustworthy He has a proven track record therefore we can trust Him and overcome worry.

-Author Unknown 

No comments:

Post a Comment