Friday, July 27, 2012

100 Days of Scriptures of Encouragement: Day 27

Hebrews 13:5

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

He, Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior, King of Kings, part of the Trinity, soon coming King, says He will never leave me or forsake me.

What a promise. What a promise for today. In this world of craziness, I need to meditate on this morning, noon, and night. I need to let this promise resinate deep within my soul so when trials and tribulations come, I will immediately know my King is with me.

He said He will never leave me no matter what. I don't know about you, but my trials take a toll on me. I need to encouragement every day, every hour, every minute, every second to get through the day and the days ahead.

The world has gone mad. Shootings in movie theaters and in colleges and any where people dare to gather, I need reassure that when I leave me home, I don't leave alone but someone is walking beside me, talking to me, guiding me along life's path.

God, I need Him, and I'm going to let Him know just how much by talk to Him, thanking Him for all that He has done, being obedient when He tells me to do something, and by loving on Him every breath I can.

Doesn't He deserve at least that? After all, He has promised He would never leave Him even if I choose to walk away. He will be waiting for return and welcoming me back into His arms.

Indeed, He deserves the glory, the honor, and the praise that should sing from my lips every time I walk back inside my door after a long day in the world. The world doesn't hold anything for me, I just want my friend who loves me and is waiting for me to acknowledge His very essences and presence in my life, my home, and in my every day life.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment