Tuesday, July 3, 2012

100 Days of Scriputal Encouragement: Day 3

Psalms 36:5


New International Version (NIV)

 Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the skies. 

There is a song that uses this first in it. It is called "Your Love Oh Lord" Wonderful song. I can't help but think we really don't understand the words we sing. Think about it. If we understood the meaning behind every thing we say and sing, I have to wonder if w would be a little more choosy.

"Your love, Lord" His love is greater than we can imagine and more wider than we can see, and more than anything else we may have need of.

"Reaches to the heavens" could this be the only way the Psalmist knew how to express it? For my bible and believes are that God's love is infinite and beyond words and measure and love is the only thing God is made of.

"Your faithfulness (reaches) to the skies." Again, could this be the only way he knew how to express what he was feeling about God's faithfulness?

It seems to me, this psalmist had an encounter with the Living God and he tried to express it in the way he knew how. We too should take a lesson from this. We need to mediate on this scripture and get it deep down in our hearts for when the trails comes, this passage of scripture rises to the top and we too break out in song of adoration to the God of heavens, the Lord of Lords, and King of Kings.

Maybe this will be your song of praise:

Your love, oh Lord
Reaches to the heavens
Your faithfulness stretches to the sky
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains
Your justice flows like the ocean's tide
I will lift my voice
To worship You, my King
I will find my strength
In the shadow of your wings

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment