Wednesday, August 1, 2012

100 Days of Scriptures of Encouragement: Day 32

Hebrews 13:20-21

Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

When you see the word amen, you should get excited. It means it's done, it's finished and it usually follows a promise. An Important promise. It's something you should take a closer look at. Dissect it if you must. Word for word; in your time and in your way.

Look for the important words. Words that will change your life.

He's, God, is made up of peace. He is peace. Nothing upsets Him. Nothing surprises Him. So if He's made up of peace shouldn't we be in peace at all times?

Yes, yes we should but we rarely are. At least me anyway. I wake up and start to fret, and usually, my mind is glad to fall into bed because it's so tired and there are times when I can't let my mind rest because of what happened during the day.

But Jesus Christ paid for my peace and I'm not honoring Him if I don't let peace reign in my life. It's through His blood that I can call upon today, tomorrow, and forever more that will keep me from falling away into the darkness.

I must use His blood to calm the storms of my everyday life and when I do that, I honor what Jesus did for me, I let peace rule, and I am well pleasing to my Father who gets excited because I'm living out the word in my life.

I can do all things, and I can let peace rule, and I can live a life of thankfulness because Jesus reigns big in me.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment