Friday, August 17, 2012

100 Days of Scriptures of Encouragement: Day 48

1 Peter 2:24

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

His own self. Let's think about this. Is there anyone you love so much you would hang on a tree naked for if it meant their life?

I'm not a taker. I'm not even sure I'd do it for my own kids. Naked? On display for the whole world to see? What if I died and they didn't do anything with their lives it would all be for nothing. Oh, Lord, I'm going to have to think about this.

Am I willing to beaten and all those other horrible things to stand before God and say, "I've finished the work You would have be to do."

Or go to hell and look Satan in the eye and tell him and his demon friends, "It is finished. Go to hell where you belong." That part....maybe.

The other things required, not so much, no. I'd skip town before everything went down. No way! No how! Thank God, Jesus is not me and He still let's me use the force of His strips to tear down sickness in and around me!

Thank you Jesus for looking ahead and seeing what a wimp I would be and be a willing substitute so I didn't have to.

Thank you Jesus, for the stripes that bared it all for me.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment