Monday, August 6, 2012

100 Days of Scriptures of Encouragement: Day 37

2 Corinthians 8:9

 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

Through His poverty we might be rich. Oh rich in spirit, rich in family, rich in finances....to be whole; nothing broken. Sounds wonderful! I long to be whole but there is only one person who can make me that and it is Jesus Christ but I must be willing to help in the work that needs to be done in me.

99 percent of the time, I get in my way of working out my salvation. I can try to blame it on other people but it's a no-go. It's all me. I can't even blame God. He's done everything He's ever going to need to do by allowing His Son to die on the cross for me and when I get lost and mix up in my emotions and allow myself to blame God for not doing something I want Him to do, then I'm in danger of be disobedient and making a mockery of what He's done for me.

But thank God for His grace and His patience! Without it, I would be nothing and I am nothing. I so want to rely on my Savior for everything and I can say, I'm one step closer today than what I was yesterday.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment