Thursday, August 16, 2012

100 Days of Scriptures of Encouragement: Day 47

Isaiah 53:5

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

If you have ever watched the Passion of the Christ you should have the scene where Jesus gets beaten forever scorched on your heart and your mind.

For me, there was no better way to pick the beating the scene. It was gruesome, yet brutally honest and for me, I believe we need to see more of this type of betrayal of Jesus instead of the all googly eyed one.

He was beaten and bruised, and if that wasn't enough, he was then chastised just for me so that I may walk with my Father and for a bonus, He would talk to me and I could talk back to Him and pour out everything in my heart while allowing Him to mend it.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment