Friday, August 24, 2012

100 Days of Scriptures of Encouragement: Day 55

Psalm 33:20-22

Our soul waiteth for the Lord: he is our help and our shield. 21 For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name. 22 Let thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.

According as we hope in thee. In these day in age, I pray I have a lot of hope in the Lord for I need all the mercy I can get. I am so thankful it's new every morning but this scripture at the end talks about according as we hope so there must be levels of hope as well as mercy.

I don't mean to be selfish here, but I want the top of the line level of mercy there is. I want mercy for not only me and my mistakes but for my family as well. Did I mention I am beginning to see people in a different light? There are often times, I walk down the street and I see someone and I immediately think, Father, have mercy on them, they don't know what they are doing.

We have to get the heart of the Father, and the Father's heart is people. He wants a large family and the only way He's going to have it is through us. He's done every thing He's going to do by giving us Jesus and He puts the rest of the assignment on us.

No wonder we need mercy. There are a lot of people in this world and some are batty than others and so not so much but they still need love anyway. So we must start out and begin to win the lost. Go into the highways and byways and leave everything else at home and at God's feet where He tells us to drop it anyway.

We shouldn't be in such a hurry either. He will guide us to the right people and situations He wants us in. Maybe this is where the first part of the scripture comes in. To tell you the truth, I think we can sum up our lives like this: We wait. We know God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit is our help and will protect us in every situation. We must remain joyful and rejoice in all things to get us through some of these days where everything goes wrong. And we must trust in Him at all times and in all things.

I have to wonder, when we put it all together and do what the scripture says, did we just earn a level of mercy to get us through the bigger storm that is on the horizon.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment