Saturday, August 25, 2012

100 Days of Scriptures of Encouragement:Day 56

Romans 15:13

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Ghost. I don't know about you, but there are times that just the thought of the Holy Ghost scares me. Not in a ghostly way but where He wants to take me which is usually, higher, deeper, and my lonelier than ever before.

There's a price to be paid to truly follow the Holy Ghost and I'm not sure I do Him justice. I squirm, and protest and sometimes tell Him flat out NO!

When He calls me to go deeper, its usually in a way that is totally unknown for me. I've never walked that way before. It's the fear of the unknown and I can become the most stubborn person on the planet by just saying, "Not today, catch me on the flip side tomorrow." And when tomorrow comes, it's the same thing and before long, I forget all about what He wants me to do.

When I do this, I begin to slip and get negative, and things start to fall apart and when I question I always am lead back to the first day the Holy Ghost said come with me on this adventure. I have no choice then because my life is usually a mess.

If I would just listen in the first place, things would be soooooooooooooooooooo much different. I'm getting strong and one of these days, it will be automatic Yes Lord.

But thank God, He still has faith in me and still fills me with joy and peace and never leaves me and still willing to give me hope for tomorrow. Yes, that Holy Ghost is indeed someone kind of special.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment