Friday, August 31, 2012

100 Days of Scriptures of Encouragement: Day 62

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. 8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

I want to be a tree planted by the water, with deep roots in Jesus and I want to be able to stand in heat where others may fall. I want to bear fruit. I want to leave a legacy for the world to see.

I want to be known for not backing down or giving up or withering under the heat of a storm. I want to stand tall for my savior, after all isn't it the least thing I could do seeing all what He has done for me?

It's just a small price but I imagine the rewards will be great as I walk the streets of heaven and I'm ushered into the heavenly throne room to have a one on one time like never before. But first things first, I must live in this world and this world sucks.

It's full of trials and all sorts of uglyness. I'm barely keeping my head above water. One day at a time, I'm beginning to see myself become the tree that is standing firm with deep roots, my leaves has started to sprout a little fruit and I'm beginning to become the willing vessel God has long awaited for me to become.

If I can do it, so can you. Just remember, it's starts with the little things before the big things begin to grow.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment