Thursday, September 13, 2012

100 Days of Scriptures of Encouragement: Day 75

Isaiah 42:1

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

The Holy Spirit. He's kind of scary. You really don't know much about Him, but you've seen what He can do all through the bible yet I find myself having a hard time experiencing Him at an intimate level.

It's all my fault not for His lack of trying. I hear His voice and I listen most times but when He calls me to come nearer, I panic and if I don't want to be judged by Him or lose what I have in Christ, I had better be a willing participate in what He has to say about my life.

I don't want to grieve Him, I just don't understand all the things about Him. I know He's power and I want power. I know He's my victory and I want victory. I know He's my friend and I could sure use a friend right now. I know in fact, He's all I need yet, He scares me.

He tells me there's a price to be paid if I want more of the things of God and that is what scares me the most...I don't want to give anything up. I want more of God, I'm not sure of the price I'm willing to pay.

It's a good thing, that all I have to worry about is today and tomorrow will take care of itself so as far as today is concern: Lead me Holy Spirit, I'm a willing vessel. Check back in with me tomorrow.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment