Sunday, September 16, 2012

100 Days of Scriptures of Encouragement: Day 78

Proverbs 2:3-5

Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; 4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; 5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.

Here it is again. The fear of the Lord. I swear I'm going to do a study on the topic. It hasn't been up until recently that doing a study even thrilled me. In fact, the thought of doing a independent study on a word or a topic sent me running for the hills. I didn't want anything to do with it.

But this topic, the fear of the Lord, seems to be important. It's mentioned umpteen times in the bible. It's like there's a clue about how to live life in the subject matter. The word tells us the fear of the Lord brings about understanding and the knowledge about God.

And if we don't have those things, and if we're looking, it tells us to start fearing the Lord. I don't want any more fear in my life, I want to learn about the goodness of God. For He says, "it is good, " an awful lot in the bible.

So if He's good, won't this be something we should be meditating on? Maybe that's were we miss it in life, we are so focused on the bad and thinking we have to bind up, cast up and shape up the devil and his dominions that we loose sight of what matter's and who matters.

If God says we need to fear Him, than I think we should start looking into His goodness to get a clue. What could it hurt if we leave satan behind us where he belongs and look towards the prize of knowing our God and what He's already done for us, and what He wants to do for us, and what the future holds for all those who believe.

Believe what? On His Son, no doubt but as well as believes He is good. He's probably looking down right now on His throne wishing someone would get it and begin to believe that He loves us and want to bring only good into our future because He has a plan for us.

Yes, I don't know about you, but it's worth a shot to look into this goodness stuff because like I said, I've tasted the bad and it stinks to the core. I want to taste of Him and see if He's not good and watch as life begins to bloom new leaves and sprouts joy and happiness into the lives of others.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment