Monday, September 17, 2012

100 Days of Scriptures of Encouragement:Day 79

Matthew 6:25-26

Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Yeah, OK, these scriptures are hard to do. Take no thought. There isn't a time of day I'm not thinking about one of these things on this list. But I know that I'm required to do so, and who knows in the future we won't be like the Israelites who were in the dessert and experienced the ravens feeding them.

If something were to happen in this day and age to computers, this scripture just might be the one that saves our lives. But to take it to today's timeline, I know I'm to look at only today and what goodness it has in store for me.

I know I'm to look at the goodness of it all and who holds the world in the palm of His hands. I know what to do and my world becomes total chaos when I stray from the path of His word. So Lord, here I am, a person who lives in a dying world who sees darkness all around her and wonders to herself, have You forsaken me? I know I look ahead and don't like what I see. I know I'm a waverer but Lord, that's the flesh and what the eyes behold.

My spirit man longs to have faith like Peter who walked on water. I long for a walk like Elijah who could call fire down from the sky and then was fed by ravens. Lord I want to walk into what You have for me today and not tomorrows.

I want to be the one when You look across this world that You will find me faithful in the little things. I want to be a worshiper who worships You in spirit and in truth no matter what happens around me.

I long to be able to say, Not my will Father, but thine be done. I want to be the very person You talk about in the scripture in humbling myself and pray so You will return and heal America to the former glory.

Lord, I want to see Your glory but I know that won't happen if I can't do what you tell me to do and it starts with by not worrying about today. I should learn to give over my burdens to You and take up my cross and set out and win a dying world for Your kingdom. I should let the foolishness of this world fall by the wayside and follow you and become so close to You that the very dust from Your feet covers mine and listen in the wind as every day when I lay down to go to sleep, I don't have to wait to hear well done thy faithful servant for you were ruler over the little things, I will make you ruler over much just keep coming towards Me.

Yeah, that's my prayer to my Lord and Savior. Amen.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment