Sunday, September 23, 2012

100 Days of Scriptures of Encouragement: Day 85

Matthew 6:34

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Take no thought for the morrow. Yeah, okay. Has God not seen what the world is like today? Yes, yes he has and He still says to take no thought for the morrow for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself, meaning it will take care of itself and it will have thoughts of its own and they maybe different then today's.

When we dwell on the tomorrows we miss out on the today's and what all it may hold. Today maybe the very day you need for your breakthrough and you've missed it by worring about what is going to happen tomorrow.

I'm no saint here. I have a hard time not thing about tomorrow when my world has just crashed in around me today. I think to myself didn't God know I was a multi-tasking person? Of course He did. that's why He told me to think of only today. He was trying to save me from future unnecessary grief that I have setup for myself.

When I worry about tomorrow, I can't sleep well, and my mood and attitude is greatly effected. I bark at everyone and want to scream doesn't anyone see where this is leading but me? Yeah, this is no good for me.

I have to be real and realize I can only do so much and that is to deal with today. My family is very thankful when I focus on one day at a time. It goes much better with us as a family at hold.

I'm not stupid and blind not to see what is happening all around me and what's happening in the world today, I just choose to live in the moment and in the end, I'm a happier, secured, faithful person for it.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment